[Samba] Roaming Profiles under LDAP backend

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Mar 15 21:25:51 GMT 2005

> I have tried removing the sambaProfilePath attribute from the LDAP
> user's dn so that the "login path" samba config can take over. In such
> a case (assuming "logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u\%m") %u does not
> expand to "testuser1" but %m will expand to the machine name (grima).
> Thus the profile directory gets written to the servers file system as...
>
> /home/samba/profiles/%u/grima/

For some reason I seem to remember a case sensitivity issue here but I
can't find the message regarding it.  On our server, with 3.0.11 the
following does work:

logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U

This has been working prior to us putting any profile path info into LDAP.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.