[Samba] Samba on Fedora 3 with Active Directory

Dave Schultz daveschultz_2004 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:32:01 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to set up my test lab with a Windows 2000 Server PDC and a
Fedora 3 machine running Samba. I am new to Linux but have gotten quite far
searching how to's and other peoples posts, however, I have hit a wall. I
have joined the Fedora machine to the domain, and I can see and access my
Samba shares from Windows when I comment out the "valid users" line in the
smb.conf share definition section, but when I have that line set to =%D I
get prompted for a user name and password when trying to access these shares
from Windows. I have my authentication set to ads and have good
communication back and forth between the two machines. Any help would be
greatly applreciated.

to offer.
first two months FREE*.