[Samba] PGina & Samba

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at myrealbox.com
Thu Mar 10 02:22:30 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 07:36 -0500, Paul Barnick wrote:
> Jim:
>
> I have looked at the site.  At first I was concerned about the security of
> using PGina instead of a regular Windows logon, but I posted on the forum
> and received some good responses there that convinced me that it is at least
> as secure as windows logon.  Now comes the implementation!  Unfortunately, I
> can only do it on the weekend as I think it will take some time for me to
> get it to work and we cannot have the network down while I'm trying to get
> it to work.

You should look into getting a copy of VMWare Workstation.  You can
setup a complete network of VM machines to do your testing and not touch
the production network at all.

I have VM Workstation for Linux running on my Laptop and routinely run 4
to 5 VM's all at once.

I just bought a Dell PowerEdge 700 server with 4GB of RAM to run VMWare
and it is going to replace the 4 computers currently residing in my
office.

Check it out.