[Samba] Memory Question or ext3 question

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Thu Mar 10 00:40:23 GMT 2005

I am new to linux and have maybe a dumb question. I have samba 3.0.11 up and running and everything works great. I notice that everytime I copy a file to the share the memory on the system increments the amount of the file. The memory never gets freed. When I delete the file the memory gets freed. The share is on an ext3 filesystem. I have read up on this and notice that ext3 uses journaling. Could this be that the journal is taking up the memory. Would it be better to convert the filesystem to ext2?

Thanks in Advance,
David