[Samba] Samba interface for administrative tools

Beast beast at i6x.org
Thu Jun 30 13:50:41 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Beast wrote:
>>
>>Its better to use client/server model, even if tool is
>>running from the same machine.
>

> I was talking about a client/server model based on MS-RPC.

I just commenting on some samba tools which not use c/s model yet.

> But first you mention xmlrpc which more of a soap/web services
> model.  And then you mention LDAP.  So you seemed to have jumped
> from one subject to another.

That might be because my lack of english skill, sorry :-)

> In either case, it requires client and server support.  We
> already have the MS-RPC server support and have someone working
> on a libmsrpc library easier client access.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

> The XMLrpc piece would require both client and server piece.
That just my bare example to use 'standard' protocol instead of
proprietary protocol.

> But technically you would not need integration with smbd to
> do this.  However, I've always found that when the external
This can be implemented on separate (optional) server process to handle
this request (but no, not like swat)

Thanks.

--

--beast