[Samba] Windows 2003 interoperability

Arlo Clauser AClauser at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 17:07:20 GMT 2005

My server is running Redhat EL4 and the newest rpm (as of 6-12-04) of
samba. The samba server is providing authentication and file sharing to
~35 windows XP machines. The server has a trust relationship with an NT
4 server (in which Samba is the trusted party), this turst is need to
access an accounting program that runs on NT.
The NT server is going to be upgraded to Windows 2003 server. What are
my options? Can samba have a trust with Windows 2003? Should the Windows
2003 server be configured as a BDC (if this is even possible)?
I searched google and the archives and could not find an answer. I
bought and read the Official Howto, but it does not cover Windows 2003.

The only thing I found was that I should set (spnego = yes).

Thanks for any help or links.

-Arlo-