[Samba] Db4 ldap smldap-tools samba

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Jul 5 20:13:20 GMT 2005

> >> I use the samba widh ldap and smbldap-tools to update the ldap db. If I
> >> execute from the terminal a non huge number of operation using the
> >> smbldap-usermode for change the mail, sometimes the operation still not
> >> respond and lock. After I find the db corrupted and I must do a
> >> db_recover. Why?
> > If you're using an early version of OpenLDAP 2.1 (say before 2.1.26,
> > 2.1.30 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.1 or 2.2 (say before 2.2.13,
> > IIRC 2.2.27 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.2.52 your DB will very
> > quickly become corrupt on crashes, or just spontaneously - especially
> > BDB 4.1.
> > You might want to update your OpenLDAP version.
> I use this version of software:
> db4-4.2.52-6
> db4-utils-4.2.52-6
> openldap-clients-2.2.13-2
> openldap-2.2.13-2
> openldap-servers-2.2.13-2

While not completely current this should be stable.  Have you verified
that you have reasonable settings in you DB_CONFIG file?  Most of the
time when you get a corrupted DB it is because of an incorrect db4
version or insane settings in DB_CONFIG.  Besides those we've found it
very difficult to corrupt an OpenLDAP db.

ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/LDAP106.pdf