[Samba] Server IP showing up in Active Connections List

Matt Lung matt.lung at midwest-tool.com
Tue Jul 5 12:59:43 GMT 2005

Is there any reason for a Domain member server's IP address to show up
in the active connections list on our Samba PDC?

This Domain member server is the only server showing up in the active
connection list.  We currently have around 7 other domain member
servers, all of which do not show up in this list and never have.  The
server in question is also having random samba crashes where I have to
then restart the smb service for it to come back online.

The entry in the active connections is as follows:

IPC$         22559   192.168.1.193  Thu Jun 30 21:27:16 2005

Any ideas why this one server would be showing up?

--
Matt Lung

Midwest Tool & Die, Corp.