[Samba] Db4 ldap smldap-tools samba

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jul 5 17:25:20 GMT 2005

tir, 05.07.2005 kl. 18.22 skrev trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it:

[...]

> > If you're using an early version of OpenLDAP 2.1 (say before 2.1.26,
> > 2.1.30 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.1 or 2.2 (say before 2.2.13,
> > IIRC 2.2.27 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.2.52 your DB will very
> > quickly become corrupt on crashes, or just spontaneously - especially
> > BDB 4.1.
> >
> > You might want to update your OpenLDAP version.

[...]

> I use this version of software:
> db4-4.2.52-6
> db4-utils-4.2.52-6
> openldap-clients-2.2.13-2
> openldap-2.2.13-2
> openldap-servers-2.2.13-2
>
> This is my situation,
> is it ok?

Should be good. For the sake of interest, what Linux distro and version
are you using? What I've found is, that on my RHAS3 machines, OpenLDAP
2.2.17 and above, as well as BDB 4.2.52 and 2 patches, *both installed
from source* are stable as a rock, whatever you do to them.

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl