[Samba] Re: Best practices for long-running Samba server

David Landgren landgren at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:59:16 GMT 2005

> The client running our first Samba3 PDC production server had an uptime of 115 days, then the uptime got spoiled by them moving to a new building.

I'm not quite sure what the fascination is with long uptimes. It's
good to reboot the system from time to time, not because it needs it,
but just to prove that you still can.

There's nothing like sweating profusely when a server crashes at 9:25
one morning and refuses to come back up and you don't know where to
start looking to make you think that uptimes aren't the be-all and
end-all.