[Samba] Re: Best practices for long-running Samba server

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jan 25 14:11:30 GMT 2005

The client running our first Samba3 PDC production server had an uptime of 115 days, then the uptime got spoiled by them moving to a new building.

I have all client side needs automated, so maybe since they do not use Windows Explorer to rove the network we have the lack of issues?

I have seen the warning in the docs to back up those TDB files each time you stop the daemons... but I never stop them! ;-) So, would be interested in reading suggested best practices just in case
life gets interesting here at some point.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems