[Samba] Files disappear / are hidden / not shown on a share

Martin Bobbert martin at allos.de
Tue Jan 25 13:30:35 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

Im running samba 3.0.6-Debian on Sarge with 2.4.26-1-386 Kernel.

I've got the phenomenon that some files that are in the users' home
shares sometimes cannot be seen in Win2k SP4. Always the same files
disappear, but I can't make a rule out of it. When I compare attributes,
dates, size etc. they don't seem to be much different from files that
are always there. Sometimes pressing reload in Explorer makes them
reappear, but they might hide again just two minutes later. If I look
from a linux box using smbclient, they are always there.

Here is a short excerpt of my smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = POIUYT
         security = SERVER
         password server = 10.131.1.102
         keepalive = 30
         add user script = /usr/local/bin/new_samba_user
         os level = 2
         wins server = 10.131.1.102
         ldap ssl = no

[homes]