[Samba] LDAP+samba dc docs

Hans du Plooy hansdp at newingtoncs.co.za
Fri Jan 7 10:39:31 GMT 2005

Hi John,

Thanks for your help and congrats on a great book - it's the best samba/ldap
info I've seen so far!

I have gone through all the relevant stuff, but I'm getting stuck on the LDAP
database initialisation.  With the smbldap tools I get a error that I thought
had something to do with a missing perl module (net::ldap::ldif or something
like that) - I downloaded and installed that, and managed to break my perl in
the process, so I can't get that particular message again.

Nevertheless, I looked at the "Alternative LDAP Database Initialization"
section in Appendix 5, assembled the script (I had trouble with it too but
managed to edit it to work).  Now, trying out the line:

ncshans:/home/hansdp/ldap-setup # slapadd -c -v -l NEWINGTONCS.ldif

gives me:

slapadd: could not add entry dn="dc=newingtoncs,dc=co,dc=za" (line=8): already
exists
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=70)

I'm not sure about the first error, but regarding the second one, line 70
looks like:

objectClass: sambaGroupMapping

I googled around and this seems to be a problem with whitespaces, mostly, but
I checked every line.

Any idea why this is causing trouble?

Thanks

--