[Samba] Joining a domain with a non-administrator account

David Sonenberg dsonenberg at strozllc.com
Wed Feb 16 17:17:27 GMT 2005

OK so I tried updating the privileges on the BDC's with the following
command:

net -Uadminstrator rpc rights grant 'STROZLLC\Domain Admins'
SeMachineAccountPrivilege

and I get the following error
Failed to grant privileges for STROZLLC\Domain Admins
(NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_PRIVILEGE)

I am sure that all machines are running 3.0.11 becuase in the log.nmbd
in shows the version during elections.  Any ideas?

Paul Gienger wrote:

>> I just upgraded to 3.0.11.  I read the Samba Rights Howto, and this
>> looks like a nice addition to Samba.  My question is this...  I have
>> 1 samba LDAP/PDC, and 2 samba slave LDAP/BDC's.  The changes I make
>> with the 'net rpc rights' command don't propagate to my BDC's.  Is
>> there something special I have to do in this setup?
>

> This is stored in a local file on each machine.  You need to run the
> command on each xDC for it to propigate.
>
> Seems a little odd to me, but that's the way Jerry laid it out in a

David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator
Stroz Friedberg, LLC
15 Maiden Lane