[Samba] Joining a domain with a non-administrator account

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Feb 15 13:38:46 GMT 2005

> I just upgraded to 3.0.11.  I read the Samba Rights Howto, and this
> looks like a nice addition to Samba.  My question is this...  I have 1
> samba LDAP/PDC, and 2 samba slave LDAP/BDC's.  The changes I make with
> the 'net rpc rights' command don't propagate to my BDC's.  Is there
> something special I have to do in this setup?

This is stored in a local file on each machine.  You need to run the
command on each xDC for it to propigate.

Seems a little odd to me, but that's the way Jerry laid it out in a

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322