[Samba] Prints ok, but says "Access denied, unable to connect". win2k and samba 2.2.1a

Ainsworth, Joshua B. jainsworth at ccu.edu
Fri Feb 11 15:22:04 GMT 2005

I have a small Samba 2.2.1a plus Win2k workgroup. Samba is running on
Redhat
7.2.

There is a networked laserjet 5000 using a static IP which I can print
successfuly from the linux box, and from the win2k workstations via the
queue
on the linux box.

The weird thing is that, on the win2k worksations, if I double click on
the
printer icon the status of the printer is reported as
"Access denied, unable to connect". Yet it works???

Hello, I've been having this same problem with several of our laserjet
5000s on our network.  Did you find the cause of the problem?  Any help
would be appreciated.  Thanks

Joshua Ainsworth
Colorado Christian University
Tech Support