[Samba] Not all users listed in 'Select Users or Groups'

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 14:51:55 GMT 2005

When I try to add users or groups in Win2K via the Security tab -- Select Users or Groups, not all users or groups are displayed.  Any account created since 1 January isn't showing up.  I patched the Win2K server just before this date.  All accounts that were creaated prior to this date still appear.

On the Linux system which is acting as the Samba PDC (and is using ldap), pdbedit -l doesn't return a complete list of users either, so I don't think it is the patches that caused the issue.  I have changed sizelimit in sladp.conf ldap.conf files, but this is driving me crazy.  I have a total of 962 users, but only 806 show up.  If I delete a user that currently shows up, then the number returned is decremented by one (e.g. 805).  I have tried stopping/starting smb/nmd, nscd, and ldap/slapd but it doesn't make any difference.

Any help is appreciated.  I have googled for the answer without luck.  I had previously sent this as a pdbedit problem but perhaps with the additional information, someone may be able to suggest a solution?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark Delaware 19713