[Samba] 3.0.11 - configure can't see ldap.h

Mike samba at phivegills.com
Wed Feb 9 17:31:49 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> What platform are you compiling on ?  At this point
> point it's probably best to look for pre-compiled packages.
> I can't really continue to spend time on this right now.

The platform is OpenBSD.  There are no precompiled binaries for *BSD
that I can see (what's up with that?).  OpenBSD's ports only contain
Samba2, so I can't take the easy way out there.

> The compile error you are hitting is due to the a
> conflict with (or missing) com_err.h header.  You can
> build MIT kerberos to include it's own libcomm_err
> or use the system.

# locate com_err.h
/usr/include/com_err.h
/usr/include/kerberosV/com_err.h

Not missing and both those files are identical.

Several posts I have seen indicate Heimdal is the best choice for BSD,
though I don't know the technical reasons why.  I too have burned too
much time on this.  I will just grab a Windows box and put the FTP
server there.  Thanks again for your time.  I didn't expect to get help
from an actual team member.

--
Regards,

Mike