[Samba] Windows can't see my Samba shares...

Vincente Aggrippino vaggrippino at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 04:00:34 GMT 2005

I'm using hosts allow correctly.  Please read below.

>From http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html ...
hosts allow (S)
    You can specify the hosts by name or IP number. For example, you
could restrict access to only the hosts on a Class C subnet with
something like allow hosts = 150.203.5. .

That's the default location for the smbpasswd file and the one that it
was reading, according to testparm -v, but I tried specifying it as
you suggested anyway... no results.

By the way, I have and can use Ethereal.  I've tried it with a filter
like "port 137 or port 137 or port 138 or port 139 or port 445".  I
just don't know how to interpret the results.  If anyone here
understands the Ethereal output, I can post results.

Thank you,
    Vince