[Samba] Re: Still having samba join domain problems (solved!)

Anthony Hess tonyh at engr.arizona.edu
Fri Aug 12 00:14:56 GMT 2005

OK, I switched from storing the next available uidNumber and gidNumber in
the sambaDomainName object and put them into the old way of doing it -
putting them in cn=NextFreeUnixId.  Now I can join machines to the domain.

Actually what put me on the right path was the suggestion that it was a
schema problem.  Well, looking at the Netscape DS5 schema it hasn't been
updated since January, and Im pretty sure storing them in sambaDomainName is
newer than that.  So - yay!

Thanks for the help guys!

Tony