[Samba] NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL message-- were to look?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 25 17:37:53 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I'm trying to access a shared printer on a windows machine.  The
windows box (call it "Doze") is located behind a router/printserver,
and is set up thus:

-DOZE connects to the printer via the printserver using the PRTMATE
port, and then shares the printer via smb -- workgroup CHASS, server
name HIS-FACLAB, printer name his-fac-lex
-Router forwards all incoming connections on 137,138,139,445, and 1024
to DOZE

My linux box (Anarres) is outside the router, but I can browse the
router's network easily using Smb4K.  I can access all SMB "Shares" on
DOZE without any problems, and when browsing can see the printer,
which smb4K tells me is //HIS-FACLAB/his-fac-lex.  But when I try to
print to the printer (using either CUPS with URI
smb://HIS-FACLAB/his-fac-lex, or the smb4k native browser), I am
unable to do so, and get the error "NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL".
I'm pretty much entirely ignorant about windows so I'm not so sure
where to go next.  can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks very much,

Matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

The following addresses are for you if you're an evil spambot:
zeus at derailleur.org aardvark at derailleur.org