[Samba] netbios name resolution

Tatar Kolos kolos at archidata.hu
Mon Apr 18 09:36:10 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I wrote an email a couple of days ago, but haven't received an answer yet.
Perhaps it was a bit confusing, so I'll try again.

How can I make sure that NetBIOS name lookups work in the config file? I
mean the %m macro. What is the command I can test it with?
Because I have a feeling that this macro works only sometimes. For example
I have a setting of log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log, and there are log
files with netbios names and ip addresses too. (nbname.log, x.x.x.x.log).

Any ideas would be appreciated...
Kolos