[Samba] how to configure PAM

Guillaume C. guillaumechardin at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 18 09:22:48 GMT 2005

I try to configure PAM authentification on a debian
woody, for access linux server from windows clients
and active directory credential. When I access the
samba server via windows clients, I have this error on
the samba logfile:

----LOGFILE----
[2005/04/18 11:04:50, 5] lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam(293)
  Finding user TESTSMB\oo1
[2005/04/18 11:04:50, 5]
lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam_internals(223)
  Trying _Get_Pwnam(), username as lowercase is
testsmb\oo1
[2005/04/18 11:04:50, 5]
lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam_internals(230)
  Trying _Get_Pwnam(), username as given is
TESTSMB\oo1
[2005/04/18 11:04:50, 5]
lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam_internals(239)
  Trying _Get_Pwnam(), username as uppercase is
TESTSMB\OO1
[2005/04/18 11:04:50, 5]
lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam_internals(247)
  Checking combinations of 0 uppercase letters in
testsmb\oo1
[2005/04/18 11:04:50, 5]
lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam_internals(251)
  Get_Pwnam_internals didn't find user [TESTSMB\oo1]!
--------------------

Here, my configuration files for nsswitch.conf &
/etc/pam.d/winbindd:

----nsswitch.conf----
passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat winbind

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis
-----------------------

----etc/pam.d/winbindd----
account         sufficient
/lib/security/pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
auth            sufficient
/lib/security/pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
password        sufficient
/lib/security/pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
session         sufficient
/lib/security/pam_winbind.so use_first_pass

What's wrong with my conf?
best regards.
Gui