[Samba] how to use a samba patch

Stephan Graf st.graf at fz-juelich.de
Fri Apr 15 14:01:24 GMT 2005

Hi!

Sorry for this question, but I didn`t find the answere in the
documentation or the web.

I use samba 3.0.8 on a SuSE linux 8.2.

Now, I have found a patch for samba <= 3.0.9
( samba-3.0.9-CAN-2004-1154.patch on www.samba.org)
I have the old source-files from my samba 3.0.8.
Also I know that you need the tool "patch" to install the patch. But how? in which directory must I execute the command, which option , ...?
Are newer source files necessary?

I know, that the best way is to install the newer samba versions. And I will do that, but anyway I won't to know how to install such a patch, may be for the next time.

Thanks in advance,
Stephan

--
Stephan Graf                       Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
Tel: 02461/61-6578                 ZAM, Abt. IuT-BuB