[Samba] Repeat Review Request

Mark Taylor mark.taylor at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 06:08:21 GMT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 02:11, Eric Feldhusen wrote:
> John H Terpstra wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I like criticism! Please give me lots of it - particularly in respect
> > of the updated "Samba-Guide". It should now be up on the Samba mirror
> > sites. You can download it from:
> >
> > http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf
> >
> > I have incorporated all feedback into this book. Did I get it right
> > this time or should I give up?
> >
> > So far, not a word of feedback is deafening!
> >
> > Is it worth my effort to continue updating this book or is this a
> > waste of time?
>
> There is no way either of these books are a waste of time.  Your work is
> greatly appreciated. I know I keep the published volumes nearby as
> references, having purchased them to support the efforts, and I download
> the updated pdf's once a month or so to keep up with improvements in
> Samba and both manuals.
>
> My thanks for your hard work, I for one, thank you for your work.

Loudly seconded!
We issue both manuals as the standard reference for our engineers, and we've
built and maintained Samba systems for some of the largest companies in the
UK.
Both books are essential reading for anyone serious about deploying Samba.

Criticism is good (constructive of course), but acknowledgement is good
too ;-)

A big British thanks to you!

Mark Taylor

> Eric Feldhusen
>
> --
> NOTICE: New email address: eric at remc1.org
> --------------
> Eric Feldhusen
> Network Administrator for Adams, Chassell,
> Dollar Bay-Tamarack City, and
> Lake Linden-Hubbell Public Schools
> emailto:eric at remc1.org

- --