[Samba] Re: No domain server was available to validate your password. [Solved]

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Sun Apr 10 13:35:25 GMT 2005

>>Do not use SWAT unless you thoroughly understand it and how it can ruin
>>your system.
>>

>This sounds frightening.  Do you mean that SWAT can ruin my whole system
>configuration, and not just smb.conf?

No, SWAT is just fine, once you understand what you'll lose by using it,
which is mainly your comments.  There were a couple of bugs a few
versions ago that would mess with your quotes but they've been fixed now.

In my setup, I use it on a day to day basis when I want to add some
strange option or look at what the available options are.  It's also
fairly useful for a quick documentation lookup:  see an odd option,
click help, get dropped to the man page.

Personally I would appreciate a well designed discussion about why
certain things suck and how they can be rebuilt as opposed to FUD
spamming.  One person's overly critical opinion has clearly scared at
least one person here.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.