[Samba] Samba 3.x SVN and OS/2 support.

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Apr 5 20:14:56 GMT 2005

Andrea Venturoli wrote:

Please disregard my previous post, since it contains wrong obvservation.
Here it is corrected.

Ok, so this is the situation:

_ up to yesteday I had to stick to the old, unsupported, unsecure 2.2.12
release, since 3.x showed compatibility problems with OS/2;

_ now I tryied 3.0.12_1.1 using the FreeBSD port: the compatibility
problem is there again. Everything works from the command line, but the
WorkPlace Shell cannot work with remote shares. Extended Attributes also
don't seem to work: if I do COPY xxx G:, then COPY G:xxx, they are gone.

_ then I tryied compiling myself (no patches) samba 3 SVN: if I leave EA
support off everything works from command line, but not from WPS, as
with 3.0.12.
If I turn on EAs, the WPS can browse shares, directories and read files,
but I
cannot copy any file *to* the server.
Since FreeBSD EAs support is implemented in a parch in the port, it is
possible that the same patch (maybe updated for 3.0.13 or 3.0.14 when it
comes out, might fare better.

Thanks to everyone.

  bye
	av.