[Samba] Switch profile from local to roaming?

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:21:52 GMT 2004

I'm currently trying to solve a problem regarding roaming profiles in
another thread.  In this case it appears the profiles weren't migrated
properly.  In my case I think (it was a long time ago) I simply copied
the the profile directory up to the server with a simple drag and drop
(I didn't know better).  In trying to solve the problems with a now
malformed NTUSER.DAT a google search turned this up:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/profiles.1.html

It appears the samba developers are attempting to address this very problem.

See the thread,  Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local
admin, for more info.