[Samba] invisible server

Tom Skeren tms3 at fskklaw.com
Thu Sep 23 16:18:38 GMT 2004

May be due to no guest account.  From Samba 3 by Example:

Network browsing involves SMB broadcast announcements, SMB enumeration
requests, connections to the IPC$ share, share enumerations, and SMB
connection setup processes. The use of anonymous connections to a Samba
server involve the use of the /guest account/ that must map to a valid
UNIX UID.