[Samba] invisible server

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Sep 23 15:50:16 GMT 2004

Hi,
I've got a few samba server in my network, but one of them is "invisible". I
cannot do a nmblookup on it (even from the server itself), but I cannot
telnet the port 137, thus it should not be a problem of firewall. From
windows xp machines, I can connect specifying the IP address, while from
win98 machines I cannot (I got an error like network name does not exist).
The following is the smb.conf file, I'm running samba 2.2.7:

global]
        os level = 33
        time server = Yes
        unix extensions = Yes
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 5
        syslog = 5
        printing = CUPS
        printcap name = CUPS
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        wins support = No
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
        security = user
        workgroup = G2OR
        server string = "Mammuth"
        netbios name = "mammuth"
[project]
        comment = "Cartella PROJECT/ufficio MK via SMB - Mammuth"
        path = /mnt/data/uff_mk/PROJECT
        browsable = yes
        writable = yes
        printable = no
        valid users = +ufficioMK +cam

I've tried with the remote announce and master browser options, but it still
not works. Any idea?

Luca
--
Luca Ferrari,