[Samba] Filename problem (filenames containing slashes aka. \ and /)

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Tue Sep 21 15:53:01 GMT 2004

Sorry Simon, for sure the users does what their os allows them to do,
but that musnt be named as inteligent in anyway.
Building filenames which are not compatibel between varias oses is
simply brainbugged, in my proffesional setups, i never gave support
to users which worked so.My oppinion is , thats simply their problem.
If i would know a solution, i would work it out ,but  i dont know a
solution which will help out with creating filesnames in any case,
so the simple advice not to do so, seems to me the best way, until
some wonder may come .
Regards