[Samba] smbmounting share with japanese name

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Mon Sep 13 17:33:44 GMT 2004

I can use "net rpc share" to discover the names of shares on a windows
computer that have Japanese characters in them.  That works great.
Now I want to mount those shares.  But when I try to do so, it looks
like this:

  # smbmount //myserver/¿·¤·¤¤¥Õ¥©¥ë¥À -o iocharset=utf8,codepage=cp932
  creating lame upcase table
  creating lame lowcase table
  688: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)
  SMB connection failed
  #

I have tried putting the argument in quotes (both double and single),
to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Dave