[Samba] Update FC1 samba-3.0.6 breaks system

Peter Huetmannsberger huetmann at site38.ping.at
Mon Sep 13 17:57:32 GMT 2004

Hi!

I have a curious problem. I updated my Fedora Core 1 box yesterday from
samba-3.0.2 to samba-3.0.6. All the packages that were suggested by yum.

I have the box join an NT4 Domain, and while yesterday before the update a
smbstatus would list the users as CENTRUM+Username (CENTRUM is my NT
Domain) today it refuses to do so, and any shares apart from the public
ones are not available any more.

I also use Posix ACLs and a "setfacl -m u:CENTRUM+Username:rw-" results in
an error.

All this worked beautifully before the upgrade.

I use winbind and that seems to work. getent passwd lists all the users,
getent group all the groups, the way it should. However a smbmount
//box/share -o username=CENTRUM+username results in an access denied,
where it had worked before.

I am pretty desperate at this point having spent all day trying to find
the problem, and short of downgrading and oping this would work, I can't
find the problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Peter Huetmannsberger