[Samba] my surver is fail

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Fri Sep 10 10:44:46 GMT 2004

Hi,
roaming Profiles are always a little bit tricky,
i totaly forbid caching of them with group policies on workstations.
(laptops are allowed)
You can do that with poledit or reg patches,
for your user account :have you tried to delete
the user from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow , /etc/samba/smbpasswd first
and create him once again, a machine musst have a name like
machine$, robopc$.
Normally , having the right entry in the smb.conf , machine accounts can
be created on the fly
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g Machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %u
( create a group Machines here first )
password backend smbpasswd is not longer recomended ( samba Version 3 )
but works still. ( i still use it too on some setups )
Posting your smb.conf would be helpfull for debugging
Regards