[Samba] my surver is fail

vivek raghuwanshi vivek_raghuwanshi at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 10:09:53 GMT 2004

Dear Sir,
please help me i am totally fusutated and plan to
shifted to windows to complete my job. my mail
problems are.
1. The roaming profile of the users are stop working
after some time. and causes a very lots of trouble.

2. i am not able to add new machines when i am add
these and give a password u am receive following error
message.

3 all these are working very well some days ago.

[root at RU-30 root]# smbpasswd -a sanjaysoni
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
[root at RU-30 root]#

please help me
regards