[Samba] Re: Where are the ADOBE PS Drivers?

Chris McKeever techjedi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:08:08 GMT 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:00:24 -0400, Michael Lueck
<mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:48:55 -0500, Chris McKeever wrote:
>
> >That is what I am going off - and it lists the dozen files that are
> >needed, and none of them are listed ....
>
> Time out there... Just what exactly is not working? You post to the Samba list:

What isnt working is the fact that none of the files that are supposed
to be in the share provided by the ADOBE install are there .....

> >>And installed the Generic Driver, shared the printer and went
> >>the the print$ share

thoughts are clear ----

HOWTO says

A - install the ADOBE POSTSCRIPT file onto a windows machine - check
B - SHARE that printer  - check
C - Grab the specified files from the print$ share on the windows machine
    -- none are there...
D - Place them into: /usr/share/cups
E - run the cupsaddsmb

> which makes me think you are talking about the Windows client, printer wizard
> driver upload to print$, etc...

I never said I was uploading files to the print server using the APW,
all I said was I was trying to find the necessary ADOBE files for use
with the cupsaddsmb, which requires an install of the drivers onto a
standalone machine -- which could be confusing since you need to get
the files off the client that you will eventually be installing again,
though this time from the server

If I am missing something, I apologize, but I am following the HOWTO
as described

Now you're talking about /usr/share/cups which