[Samba] Issues/Questions about Samba 3.x.x versus it's Worki ng Status

Melfi.Marcello at hydro.qc.ca Melfi.Marcello at hydro.qc.ca
Tue Oct 19 18:13:56 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry,

First, thanks a lot for the answers!

In regards, to your reply, can you provide a little bit more precisions
here:

1. The question 1 was about not using winbindd when in ADS security mode. Is
the answer still Yes? I know that it is true when in DOMAIN security mode.

2. About Question 6, from your answer, my understanding is that the Samba
server must be in the same domain as the Win2K/Win2K3 server. In other words
the full name of these machines would be "sambaserver.domaineA.com" and
"win2kserver.domaineA.com". Is this true whether it is with the DOMAIN or
ADS security mode?

Regards,

Marcello