[Samba] Re: 'add/change/delete share command'(s) in smb.conf

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Sat Oct 16 05:38:20 GMT 2004

On a second thought... It doesn't matter if path is '/' or '/etc/samba'
- if user has access to edit smb.conf directly he/she can create similar
share with 'path = /' and 'force user = root' any time and have access
to the whole computer. So, I agree - you'd better trust 'theusername' as
if it were 'root'.

Igor