[Samba] Re: 'add/change/delete share command'(s) in smb.conf

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Sat Oct 16 04:58:33 GMT 2004

Hm... Interesting idea... Since access is necessary only to smb.conf
than probably changing share's path to
'path = /etc/samba' could be a better alternative...

But then again.. how 'add/change/delete share commands' will know that
this particular user has access to this [config] share even if path is
left as '/'? So, it probably won't work via those commands - user will
need to edit smb.conf by hand while accessing it via the [config] share.

Igor