[Samba] Join NT4 Domain.. Works but Event Log has error 5723...

Eric Murray e.murray at accesscomm.ca
Thu Oct 14 22:06:36 GMT 2004

Hi,

I execute the net rpc join -S PDC -u account%password and it replys
Joined Domain XXX and everything works good...

Samba Authenticates properly share works etc, etc...
My Login is SLOW but I tracked it down that I have a EventID on the NT
Server saying there is no Trust account (Event ID 5723) and I also
recieve a error on startup Event ID 5722 which is Access Denied because
of the trust account message that followes.

Is there something in samba that I have to configure to shutoff a
feature such as sign or seal etc in the smb.conf file.  I read if you
get this problem on XP joining a NT4 domain you need to do that.

Looking for suggestions as once I fix this my login should be back to
normal.

Thanks,
Eric