[Samba] Samba Digest list - Why are they attached?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Tue May 11 11:07:25 GMT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Charles Marcus wrote:

> I really don't understand this...
>
> Virtually *none* of the other email lists I am on send all of the
> messages as separate attachments - they are forwarded inline. The only
> other ones that do this are the Openoffice.org lists, and I have the
> same problem with them.

Well, when using pine,it allows me to reply to an individual message in
the digest, rather than having to cut-n-paste etc as on other digests.

> I use Thunderbird, which shows the attachments at the bottom of the
> window pane (this is not an option), and does *not* allow me to collapse
> the attachment section.

So, this is a Thunderbird bug, that will affect you in many other
situations. File a bug on Thunderbird (and at the same time,file one on
better support for MIME digests, like the support pine ahs).

(Yes, this issue in Thunderbird bothers me too ... and it is *not*
present, or a problem, in Mozilla-mail).

Regards,
Buchan