[Samba] Samba Digest list - Why are they attached?

Tue May 11 15:03:49 GMT 2004

Buchan Milne wrote:
> Well, when using pine,it allows me to reply to an individual message in
> the digest, rather than having to cut-n-paste etc as on other digests.

hhh... now that would be cool. OK, I now see a legitimate reason for this.

It would also be really nice if I could click on one of the message
subjects at the top of the digest list to auto-scroll down to that
message, and any/all in that thread. Does pine do this as well?

>> I use Thunderbird, which shows the attachments at the bottom of the
>> window pane (this is not an option), and does *not* allow me to collapse
>> the attachment section.

> So, this is a Thunderbird bug, that will affect you in many other
> situations. File a bug on Thunderbird (and at the same time,file one on
> better support for MIME digests, like the support pine ahs).

There is already a bug for the attachment pane issue - but I'll look
into adding one for better MIME digest support.

Thanks,

--

Charles