[Samba] Samba Digest list - Why are they attached?

Mon May 10 11:38:14 GMT 2004

I really don't understand this...

Virtually *none* of the other email lists I am on send all of the
messages as separate attachments - they are forwarded inline. The only
other ones that do this are the Openoffice.org lists, and I have the
same problem with them.

I use Thunderbird, which shows the attachments at the bottom of the
window pane (this is not an option), and does *not* allow me to collapse
the attachment section. Consequently, when I click on the Samba Digest
list, the available section for viewing the actual contents of the
message is about 2 *inches* high - completely *useless* to me.

*Please*, would whoever is in charge of this list send the digest
*inline*, instead of as separate, attached messages??

Thanks you, otherwise, for the greatness that is Samba!

Charles