[Samba] W2K3 Server + RAS + Samba 3.0 Domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 29 23:23:37 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 00:32, Daniel Holtkamp wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I´m trying to figure out if it´s possible to add a W2K3 Server into a
> Samba 3.0 Domain and then have the RAS-Service on the W2K3 server
> authenthicate against the Samba Domain.
>
> Bringing the 2K3 into the Domain was not much of a problem, working fine
> so far, i can log on using Domain users etc.
>
> But i´ve been trying for a week now and i can´t get the RAS Service
> working properly. It always complains that it can´t authenticate the
> user on the Domain, but from the logs it´s not even trying to.
>
> Of course i asked google and searched this list but the closest thing i
> found was about Win2000 RAS ... and it was a post about that not working
> either.

We didn't have the 'dialin' privilege stored.  Samba HEAD is slowly
gaining privileges now.

> Question: Anyone ever gotten this to work ? With a 2K or 2K3 Server ?

No, but I've got it working with 'Samba RAS' ;-)

http://hawkerc.net/staff/abartlet/comp3700

This applies just as well to modem dial-ins as to VPNs.  I hope to clean
it up a bit more, and get it into the PPPd distribution.

See also the updated patch in that directory.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net