[Samba] Limiting to Windows domain groups

Matt Perkins mperkins at lbmc.com
Mon Mar 15 19:43:04 GMT 2004

Jason,
You can reference Windows users in smb.conf but you need to configure
Samba with Winbind. See the Samba how-to at
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf.

On Monday, March 15, 2004, Jason Lehman wrote:

I am new to samba and I wasn't sure that I understood something
correctly.  I can set the "invalid users" setting to limit users to a
group but can I use windows groups in this setting and if so how do I
reference them.  I see how to do linux groups and nis groups but I
didn't see for windows.  Thank you for any help.