[Samba] SWAT vs. idealx

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Mar 15 19:37:54 GMT 2004

Has anyone else had problems with SWAT borking your smb.conf file if you
specify your smb.conf scripts section like idealx suggests? For example:

add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"

When I save that from SWAT, I lose the script parameters inside quotes.
This caused me some aggrivation this morning when I thought everything
else worked just fine but the scripts appeared to be failing.  I would
imagine the use of quotes is so that you can do stuff like add a group
named "Some Screwed Up Group Name" and not have UNIX bonk out on you for
having spaces.