[Samba] Samba 2.2.7a and SunOS 5.8

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at math.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 15 12:37:31 GMT 2004

Hi,

Samba 2.2.7 series worked fine for us in Solaris 8 and 9.  However we are
currently running 2.2.8a on our samba server (Solaris 9) and working
towards upgrading to samba 3.0.2a with ldapsam.

We used versions 2.2.7, 2.2.7a,2.2.8, 2.2.8a for production in a server
running nfs for ~200 Linux/sun clients and being the domain controller for
~20 windows machines without seeing any performance issues.  The server
is dual homed to two subnets and has gigabit uplinks.

Diego