[Samba] WINBIND setup ?

tshilson at mmm.com tshilson at mmm.com
Sun Mar 14 16:54:55 GMT 2004

It confused me, too.  There is a Samba command "net".  You should use that
instead of Smbpasswd command.

   _/)                  Tom Shilson
~~~~~            GEDW & VM System Services
Aloha               Tel:  651-733-7591       tshilson at mmm dot com
                           Fax:  651-736-7689

                      "Talwar, Puneet (NIH/NIAID)"
                      <PTALWAR at niaid.nih.gov>                   To:       "'samba at lists.samba.org'" <samba at lists.samba.org>
                      Sent by:                                  cc:
                      samba-bounces+tshilson=mmm.com at list       Subject:  [Samba] WINBIND setup ?
                      s.samba.org

                      03/11/2004 03:19 PM

HI,

I am trying to setup WINBIND on my Red Hat Linux AS box and I have
completed
most of the steps but I am encountering come problem when I am joining the
samba server to the PDC domain.  Below is the syntax I am using:

#Smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r PDC -U Administrator
See 'net join' for this functionality

Thanks,