[Samba] Samba and LDAP backend - howto docs problems?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Mar 10 12:56:17 GMT 2004

Norman Dressler wrote:

> This can also be a symptom of not having the guest account properly mapped to
> a nobody or similar account.  Could also happen if you don't have a 'root'
> account in your ldap directory.  You must also have the proper configurations
> for the Domain groups like Domain Users and Domain Guests, etc.

Can you describe what "proper configs for the Domain Groups" means? So
far the docs have told me they need to be configured properly, but then
don't say how.

> As you can see, I had to learn the hard (best?) way -- trial and error.  I've
> been bitten by all of them at one time or another.

>>Have you set up your scripts?
>>	- add user script
>>	- delete user script
>>	- add machine script
>>	- add group script
>>	- delete group script
>>	- add user to group script
>>	- etc.

Would it be possible to post the piece of smb.conf that shows these
scripts correctly configured? So far I've found volumes of man pages for
various scripts, but I have no clue on what options to pass to them so
that they work.

Regards,
Graham