[Samba] Domain privileges lost after second logon

Edward Ashley samba at klesknet.com
Wed Mar 10 00:04:50 GMT 2004

I've found out what was wrong. I'll just write out how I solved it for
anybody else as stupid as me.

I used the smbldap scripts provided by idealx, and in the smb.conf I had
an add machine script like this:

add machine script = /usr/local/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u

But this somehow didn't add the computer to the Domain Computers group
that I have in the LDAP database.

Therefore I just manually added the computers to that group and everything
works now. I will start to look into which script I have to change for
this to become automatic when adding computers to the domain.

Ned